Tired of making pies with all your rhubarb? This is a great alternative - and its one the first jams of the Spring!
Rhubarb Ginger Jam
- 2 pounds rhubarb cut into 1/2 inch pieces
- 2 cups sugar
- 1/3 cup grated or minced fresh ginger root
- 1/2 a vanilla bean split and scraped
- Place all ingredients into a non-reactive pan
- Bring to a simmer
- Cook, stirring occasionally for 25-40 minutes.
- Once desired consistency is reached you jam is done!
Jam can be served hot as a compote or canned and saved for later use.